.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Phil's Blog

A little less conversation.

My Photo
Name:Phillip Chin

Location:Oakland, California, United States

Happiness = Reality/Expectations

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Worst Pizza Ever In SF

I had the worst pizza for lunch today. So I was looking for a place near work to get a quick bite to eat. I saw some people eating some pizza outside and it looked ok. There was a pizza place nearby. The prices were ok. $2.50 for a slice with one topping. It usually costs like $2.75 to $3.00 here and it's only so-so. So I got a slice of 'shroom pizza and a slice of hawaiian pizza. It looked ok but then I bit into the mushroom slice and I was totally shocked. It's like I was in the Matrix and the machines knew what pizza looked like but they didn't know what it tasted. Let me tell you - it definitely didn't taste like chicken. I was expecting them at worst to use like ketchup for tomato sauce and some cheap ass cheese but it was worse than that. The bread was just off. It left this funny after taste in my mouth. Even Domino's doesn't screw things up that bad. I think I could of gotten some french bread, slapped some spaghetti sauce and American cheese on top and that would have tasted better than this pizza. I don't know how it's possible to get pizza so wrong. This isn't brain surgery. In NYC, I'm so used to just grabbing a cheap slice at the neighborhood pizzeria. It's not like expecting the pizza at the level of John's Pizzeria or Grimaldi's. I can deal with a Famous Ray's level of pizza. I guess I'm just going to have to stick to Mexican food for now on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home